Welcome to ACCPH
We welcome you to ACCPH; we are open to all Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists who are full-time or part-time in private practice and those who work within an organisation and wish to belong to a professional body.
ACCPH is an independent self regulated UK professional body for qualified Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists. We accept members from all four modalities, including those using “non-standard” techniques like Spiritual Coaching, Abundance Coaching, Psychoneuroimmunology, Neuroscience, Neuropsychology, Evolutionary Psychology and many other approaches. We accept that NLP, (Neuro-linguistic Programming) is used in all of the areas we cover but we do not have a specific NLP section.
Important Changes to Teaching and Learning Standards – Course duration. LINK
You can join us and become a Member with a Home Study, Distance Learning or Online qualification*.
This organisation was established for a number of reasons:
- To recognise and promote a large number of Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists who are taking or have undertaken nationally recognised home study courses but are excluded from other professional bodies.
- To be a professional body that allows multi-modality membership. You do not need to join three bodies for say; coaching, counselling and hypnotherapy.
- To promote contact and cooperation between Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists. To share knowledge, ideas and techniques.
- To provide a professional body that accepts and welcomes the valuable work that Debt Counsellors do in the community.
- To be a transparent organisation that the public can trust and use to find accredited and vetted Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists.
- To provide CPD, (Continuing Professional Development) in different formats for members through our training providers
- To be a Professional Accrediting Body to accredit the courses of Organisational Members.
- To protect Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists from inappropriate state regulation when we feel it could stifle diversity, creativity and the range of help our members offer to the public.
- We, without reservation, accept that National Occupational Standards of learning are necessary to protect the public and will uphold them totally but we are anti-standardisation of training and content.
Anyone is welcome to become a member of ACCPH so long as they are a student of or have a recognised qualification in Counselling, Coaching, Psychotherapy or Hypnotherapy.
We also have a section for Organisational Members; including training course providers. We also welcome applications from organisations wishing to have their courses accredited.
We welcome input from our members to expand our blog – we need fresh material on a regular basis. This is an ideal way to get yourself noticed by clients.
*The course must be recognised by ACCPH as of sufficient quality or be from an Ofqual awarding body or the Open & Distance Learning Quality Council.