Professional Code Of Conduct (Public)
All members of the ACCPH sign the Code of Conduct and Ethics outlined below. This is the shortened public version, all members agree to 21 page A4 much more detailed and stringent version of this.
- I ………………… hereby agree fully to these rules and regulations of this code of conduct regarding my membership of ACCPH.
- I shall always conduct my professional services with the highest propriety.
- I shall not infringe the codes of conduct of my profession and will not engage in any conduct that would reflect poorly on my morality, fellow practitioners or ACCPH.
- I shall not profess to cure any conditions presented by my clients.
- I will never use hypnotherapy or hypnosis as a means of entertainment (e.g. Stage Hypnosis).
- I will never take advantage of or enter into a sexual relationship with a client.
- I will keep my client’s affairs confidential, (law of the land withstanding).
- I shall accept that any client referred to me by a GP remains the responsibility of that GP, so agree to keep the GP or other relevant agencies informed of their patient’s progress.
- I shall never advise clients to discontinue any treatment prescribed by a GP or any other Registered Medical Practitioner.
- I shall at all times respect the integrity of other health care professionals.
- I shall not claim to have qualifications or credentials I have not earned. Neither shall I use designated letters to which I am not entitled.
- I will not become or remain a member of any organisation that has been found to be dangerous or fraudulent and may cause detriment to ACCPH.
- I accept the authority of the Disciplinary Committee regarding any breach of the above Code of Conduct and Ethics. I understand that the Disciplinary Committee can suspend or terminate my membership for infringement of the above Code.
- I solemnly swear to abide by this Code of Conduct and Ethics.