Statement of Intent for Equal Opportunities
ACCPH recognises that in society certain groups and individuals may be oppressed and disadvantaged by discrimination and prejudice.
We are completely committed to opposing discrimination against people on the grounds of gender, race, colour, nationality, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, class, age, disability, having dependants, HIV status or perceived lifestyle. Passive policies will not provide equality of opportunity, and specific and positive programmes of action are required.
- ACCPH acknowledges that we have a duty to ensure that we do not discriminate unfairly in the work we undertake and in the services we provide.
- ACCPH actively opposes oppression and discrimination in all areas of our business and in relation to members, staff, outside trainers/organisations with whom we work.
- We do not take lightly our duty not to discriminate against anyone on the grounds of gender, race, colour, nationality, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, class, age, disability, having dependants, HIV status or perceived lifestyle.
- ACCPH adopts criteria and procedures for selection of members and staff. In offering membership or employment or in its general dealings, the Society will ensure that all individuals are treated with fairness and in line with equal opportunities policy and practice.
- ACCPH will endeavour to ensure that our individual and organisational members work within equal opportunities guidelines.
We will take seriously any accusation of discrimination by them.
- Discriminatory acts or breaches of the equal opportunities policy by staff, members or outside trainers/organisations will be taken seriously and may lead to disciplinary action such as membership expulsion.
Our aim as a professional body is to ensure that we promote a diverse and inclusive environment. Equality and diversity underpins what we do and as such expect all of our policies and procedures to be followed.
If you wish to just work with one gender, race, religion, etc DO NOT join us as you will be expelled. All members are expected to be inclusive.
You may work with a single gender, race or religion group if it just a part of your practice that follows our Equal Opportunities Policy. ACCPH strongly suggests that you make us aware of this group so that no misunderstandings can arise.